Join IEEE Reliability Society
The Reliability Society is a technical Society within the IEEE, the world’s leading association for the advancement of technology. We are a volunteer group of professionals engaged in assuring reliability in the engineering disciplines of hardware, software, and human factors. The RS is focused on the broad aspects of reliability, allowing us to be seen as the IEEE Specialty Engineering organization. We are concerned with attaining and sustaining these design attributes throughout the total life cycle. We have the management, resources, and administrative and technical structures to develop and to provide technical information via publications, training, conferences, and technical library (IEEE Xplore) data to both our members and to the Specialty Engineering community. The Reliability Society has 24 chapters and members in 60 countries worldwide.
In its role of providing reliability aspects of Specialty Engineering resources, the RS disciplines span all design engineering fields, providing knowledge and expertise to incorporate reliability-specific attributes into the design of systems / products / devices / processes. We want to assure that a system will perform its intended function for the required duration within a given environment, including the ability to test and support it throughout its total life cycle. This is accomplished concurrently with other design disciplines by contributing to the planning and the selection of the system architecture, HW & SW design implementation, materials, processes, and components; followed by verifying the selections made by thorough analysis and test and then sustainment.
Please visit our web site often. It is is the gateway to the many resources that the RS makes available to its members and others interested in the broad aspects of Reliability and Specialty Engineering. Now that you've joined us at our web site, consider joining the society and help us foster the advancement!
From the IEEE RS Video Library
IEEE Membership... Why We Joined
IEEE young professional members interviewed on their value of IEEE membership services, benefits and opportunities.
View more videos at IEEE.tv.
News & Announcements
- IEEE 2023 Fellows Submission Site Is Open! We are excited to share that submissions for the 2023 IEEE Fellows Class are currently being accepted. We encourage you to nominate an esteemed colleague or an associate for their significant contributions to the reliability field for this prestigious distinction by March 1, 2022. Nomination link can be found HERE.
- Reliability Society Officers and ADCOM members. The 2022 society officers and AdCom members for the term 2022 - 2024 have been selected. Congratulations to all electees.
- IEEE Reliability Society Newsletter December issue
- The Reliability Society is soliciting nominations for the RS Student Achievement Award. Nominations must be submitted by Nov. 30, 2021 to Prof. Steven Li at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information click HERE.
- Society Lifetime Achievement and Engineer of the Year awards 2021. Congratulations to Dr. Bret Michael (Lifetime Achievement) and Dr. Jason Rupe (Engineer of the Year). More information on the awards and recipients
- The IEEE Reliability Society webinar:
Rethinking Software Fault Tolerance
Speaker: Prof. Kishor S. Trivedi, Duke University, USA
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 8:00 AM | (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Join at no cost, more information can be found HERE.
- 2021 IEEE RS AdCom Elections. Voting period starts from 9/15/2021 and ends on 10/27/2021.
Log in to https://eballot4.votenet.com/IEEE to vote!
- RS ADCOM Candidates for the 2022/2023/2024 Term; - Reliability Society AdCom candidates are sought for the upcoming 2022/2023/2024 term. Information and how to apply. Applications due by 1 August 2021.
- The June 2021 edition of the RS Newsletter is now available. Click HERE to view! To view newsletter archives go to the "Publications" tab and choose "Reliability Society Newsletter" in the left panel.
- Distinguished Lectures - Selected Distinguished Lecture presentations are now available for free on the RS website under Education Distinguished Lecture Material. Available lectures include Why Blockchain and Reliability? (by Jason Rupe) and Covariate Software Reliability Models and Applications (by Lance Fiondella).
- Reliability Society Officers and ADCOM members. The 2021 society officers and AdCom members for the term 2021 - 2023 have been selected. Congratulations to all electees.
- Society Lifetime Achievement and Engineer of the Year awards 2020. Congratulations to Dr. Steven Li (Engineer of the Year) and Dr. Kishor Trivedi (Lifetime Achievement). More information on the awards and recepients.
- The RS is pleased to announce a benefit for members of the Reliability Society. We have compiled a collection of the Editorials from the legendary Dr. Ralph A. Evans, written during his tenure as Editor in Chief and Managing Editor of the T-Rel. There are 165 Editorials, written between February 1969 and June of 1990. When you read them, you can understand why the TRel articles have such a long half-life (in excess of 10 years). Most of the editorials are as relevant today as they were when they were written. If you are an RS member and would like to see the compendium of Ralph's editorials, click the "About RS" tab, then click the "For Reliability Society Members Only" link in the left panel
- The Reliability Society is soliciting nominations for the RS Engineer of the Year Award and for the Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominatins must be submitted in October. For additional Information click HERE.
- A Beta version of a new Reliability Analytics Toolkit is available for inspection. Try it!
2022 Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) Tucson, AZ USA Jan 24, 2022 - Jan 27, 2022
2022 IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS) Dallas, TX USA Mar 27, 2022 - Mar 31, 2022
2022 IEEE Green Technologies Conference (GreenTech) Houston, TX USA Mar 30, 2022 - Apr 1, 2022
2022 23rd International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED) Santa Clara, CA USA Apr 6, 2022 - Apr 8, 2022
2022 IEEE International Conference on Prognostics and Health Management (ICPHM) Romulus, MI USA Jun 6, 2022 - Jun 8, 2022