Join IEEE Reliability Society
The Reliability Society is a technical Society within the IEEE, the world’s leading association for the advancement of technology. We are a volunteer group of professionals engaged in assuring reliability in the engineering disciplines of hardware, software, and human factors. The RS is focused on the broad aspects of reliability, allowing us to be seen as the IEEE Specialty Engineering organization. We are concerned with attaining and sustaining these design attributes throughout the total life cycle. We have the management, resources, and administrative and technical structures to develop and to provide technical information via publications, training, conferences, and technical library (IEEE Xplore) data to both our members and to the Specialty Engineering community. The Reliability Society has 24 chapters and members in 60 countries worldwide.
In its role of providing reliability aspects of Specialty Engineering resources, the RS disciplines span all design engineering fields, providing knowledge and expertise to incorporate reliability-specific attributes into the design of systems / products / devices / processes. We want to assure that a system will perform its intended function for the required duration within a given environment, including the ability to test and support it throughout its total life cycle. This is accomplished concurrently with other design disciplines by contributing to the planning and the selection of the system architecture, HW & SW design implementation, materials, processes, and components; followed by verifying the selections made by thorough analysis and test and then sustainment.
Please visit our web site often. It is is the gateway to the many resources that the RS makes available to its members and others interested in the broad aspects of Reliability and Specialty Engineering. Now that you've joined us at our web site, consider joining the society and help us foster the advancement!
From the IEEE RS Video Library
IEEE Membership... Why We Joined
IEEE young professional members interviewed on their value of IEEE membership services, benefits and opportunities.
View more videos at IEEE.tv.
News & Announcements
- Candidates for the RS Adcom 2021/2022/2023 term are being sought. See the candidate application process for more information on applying.
- The March issue of the Reliability Society Newsletter has been cancelled. Inputs are sought for the next newsletter issue (hopefully June). Please send inputs to Lon Chase (Editor in Chief).
- The October 2019 edition of the RS Newsletter is now available. Click HERE to view! To view newsletter archives go to the "Publications" tab and choose "Reliability Society Newsletter" in the left panel.
- The first issue of the IEEE Reliability Magazine is planned to launch as early as in June 2020. Please consider contributing an article for the inaugural issue of this new magazine. For details about article submissions, please contact Prof. Steven Li, the VP for publications of IEEE Reliability Society at email@example.com.
- The RS is pleased to announce a benefit for members of the Reliability Society. We have compiled a collection of the Editorials from the legendary Dr. Ralph A. Evans, written during his tenure as Editor in Chief and Managing Editor of the T-Rel. There are 165 Editorials, written between February 1969 and June of 1990. When you read them, you can understand why the TRel articles have such a long half-life (in excess of 10 years). Most of the editorials are as relevant today as they were when they were written. If you are an RS member and would like to see the compendium of Ralph's editorials, click the "About RS" tab, then click the "For Reliability Society Members Only" link in the left panel
- The Reliability Society is soliciting nominations for the RS Engineer of the Year Award and for the Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominatins must be submitted in October. For additional Information click HERE.
- A Beta version of a new Reliability Analytics Toolkit is available for inspection. Try it!
2020 IEEE International Conference on Prognostics and Health Management (ICPHM) Romulus, MI USA Jun 8, 2020 - Jun 10, 2020
2020 IEEE 32nd International Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T) Garching bei München, Germany Jul 29, 2020 - Jul 31, 2020
2020 Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Advanced Reliability and Maintenance Modeling (APARM) Vancouver, BC Canada Aug 20, 2020 - Aug 23, 2020
2020 IEEE International Integrated Reliability Workshop (IIRW) Fallen Leaf, CA USA Oct 4, 2020 - Oct 8, 2020
2020 IEEE 31st International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE) Coimbra, Portugal Oct 12, 2020 - Oct 15, 2020