From the IEEE RS Video Library
IEEE Membership... Why We Joined
IEEE young professional members interviewed on their value of IEEE membership services, benefits and opportunities.
View more videos at IEEE.tv.
Join IEEE Reliability Society
The Reliability Society is a technical Society within the IEEE, the world’s leading association for the advancement of technology. We are a volunteer group of professionals engaged in assuring reliability in the engineering disciplines of hardware, software, and human factors. The RS is focused on the broad aspects of reliability, allowing us to be seen as the IEEE Specialty Engineering organization. We are concerned with attaining and sustaining these design attributes throughout the total life cycle. We have the management, resources, and administrative and technical structures to develop and to provide technical information via publications, training, conferences, and technical library (IEEE Xplore) data to both our members and to the Specialty Engineering community. The Reliability Society has 24 chapters and members in 60 countries worldwide.
In its role of providing reliability aspects of Specialty Engineering resources, the RS disciplines span all design engineering fields, providing knowledge and expertise to incorporate reliability-specific attributes into the design of systems / products / devices / processes. We want to assure that a system will perform its intended function for the required duration within a given environment, including the ability to test and support it throughout its total life cycle. This is accomplished concurrently with other design disciplines by contributing to the planning and the selection of the system architecture, HW & SW design implementation, materials, processes, and components; followed by verifying the selections made by thorough analysis and test and then sustainment.
Please visit our web site often. It is is the gateway to the many resources that the RS makes available to its members and others interested in the broad aspects of Reliability and Specialty Engineering. Now that you've joined us at our web site, consider joining the society and help us foster the advancement!
News & Announcements
- Reliability Society Chapter Awards
Thank all the chapters who continued to hold great events in 2021 despite the pandemic conditions. This year we had 7 chapters submit entries. Congratulations to the below chapters:
- Tier 1 chapters receive $700
Boston, Minnesota Reliability Consortium (Twin Cities), Taiwan
- Tier 2 chapters receive $500
Arizona, Hyderabad, Italy, Toronto
- Call for Papers: 29th IEEE Software Technology Conference, Call for Papers, Presentations and Tutorials, October 3-6, 2022, Online/virtual http://ieee-stc.org. For additional information click HERE.
- RS ADCOM Candidates for the 2023/2024/2025 Term
Reliability Society AdCom candidates are sought for the upcoming 2023/2024/2025 term. Information and how to apply. Applications due by 1 August 2022.
- IEEE Reliability Society Newsletter March 2022 issue
- The Reliability Society is soliciting nominations for the RS Student Achievement Award. Nominations must be submitted by Nov. 30, 2022 to Prof. Steven Li at email@example.com. For additional information click HERE.
- Distinguished Lectures - Selected Distinguished Lecture presentations are now available for free on the RS website under Education Distinguished Lecture Material. Available lectures include Why Blockchain and Reliability? (by Jason Rupe) and Covariate Software Reliability Models and Applications (by Lance Fiondella).
- The RS is pleased to announce a benefit for members of the Reliability Society. We have compiled a collection of the Editorials from the legendary Dr. Ralph A. Evans, written during his tenure as Editor in Chief and Managing Editor of the T-Rel. There are 165 Editorials, written between February 1969 and June of 1990. When you read them, you can understand why the TRel articles have such a long half-life (in excess of 10 years). Most of the editorials are as relevant today as they were when they were written. If you are an RS member and would like to see the compendium of Ralph's editorials, click the "About RS" tab, then click the "For Reliability Society Members Only" link in the left panel
- The Reliability Society is soliciting nominations for the RS Engineer of the Year Award and for the Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominatins must be submitted in October. For additional Information click HERE.
- A Beta version of a new Reliability Analytics Toolkit is available for inspection. Try it!
2022 13th International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety (ICRMS) Hong Kong Aug 21, 2022 - Aug 24, 2022
2022 44th Annual EOS/ESD Symposium (EOS/ESD) Reno, NV USA Sep 18, 2022 - Sep 23, 2022
2022 IEEE 29th Annual Software Technology Conference (STC) Gaithersburg, MD USA Oct 3, 2022 - Oct 6, 2022
2022 IEEE International Integrated Reliability Workshop (IIRW) South Lake Tahoe, CA USA Oct 9, 2022 - Oct 14, 2022
2022 Global Reliability and Prognostics and Health Management (PHM-Yantai) Yantai, China Oct 13, 2022 - Oct 16, 2022