Table of Contents
RS Events & News:
Members & Chapters:
IEEE Volunteer Resources
Reliability Society Home
RS Newsletter Homepage
Request RS Interest in Ballot of New Standard
The new standard, IEEE P3005.4, has completed draft creation and has begun the formal IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) balloting process.
IEEE P3005.4 is titled: "Recommended Practice for Design and Operational Considerations for Improving the Reliability of Emergency and Stand-By Power Systems".
This recommended practice describes how to improve the reliability of emergency and stand-by power systems. Some of the factors examined include the specific application of the emergency or
standby equipment, environmental concerns, specification and acceptance testing of the equipment, and the operations and maintenance of the equipment.
If you are interested in balloting this or other standards to vote on approval or disapproval, please read on.
- If you are an IEEE-SA member: Go directly to: https://development.standards.ieee.org/my-site/open-ballot-invitations
- Or, follow this process:
If you are not an IEEE SA Member: You can either enroll in a single ballot by paying a per ballot fee or you can join the IEEE SA by choosing an option link below.
Joining the IEEE SA entitles you to participate in as many sponsor ballots as you like for the year.
- Log onto myProject; click the link for myBallot.
- Click the link for myBallot (if applicable); click the link for "Show/Join Open Ballot Invitations": https://development.standards.ieee.org/mysite/open-ballot-invitations
- Scroll down until you find the open ballot group of interest to you; then scroll over to the right margin and click "join" under the "Actions" column.
- Enter or select an affiliation from the drop down menu (appearing as you key in your affiliation in the Organization window), select your classification category, and click "OK" at the bottom
of the screen. You will receive an on-screen confirmation that you successfully joined the group.
- OPTION 1 - I am already an IEEE Member and I want to add Standards Association Membership. Go to: http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/index.html
- OPTION 2 - I am not an IEEE Member but would like to enroll in both IEEE and IEEE Standards Association. Go to: http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/join/index.html
- OPTION 3 - I am not interested in becoming an IEEE Member, however I would like to enroll as a Standards Association Member only. Go to: http://standards.ieee.org/sa-mem/join.html