IEEE Reliability Society AdCom Candidates Sought for the 2024/2025/2026 Term
New IEEE Fellows from RS in 2023
Congratulations to Dr. John Evans, Dr. James Michael, Dr. Mohammad Modarres, and Dr. Zibin Zheng
IEEE Reliability Society Awards 2022
Congratulations to Dr. Christian K. Hansen (Engineer of the Year), Dr. Phil Laplante (Lifetime Achievement), and Dr. Kailash. C. Kapur (Education Award)
IEEE Reliability Chapter Awards 2022
Tier 1 award: Hyderabad, Taipei/Tainan, Boston, Sweden/Norway
Tier 2 award: Italy, Ottawa
Members and Chapters
RS Events & News
Boston, New Hampshire and Providence joint chapter
November 2022 Boston, New Hampshire and Providence joint chapter Newsletter
ISSSR 2022 (update)
The 8th International Symposium on System Security, Safety, and Reliability,
October 27 and 28, 2022
The 22nd International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability, and Security,
December 5 to 9, 2022
International Reliability Physics Symposium 2023,
March 26 to 30, 2023
Dear Reliability Society Members,
I hope this message finds each of you well. For one other challenging and eventful year of 2022, RS has been sustaining its strength and agility, and we have made many significant moves.
In closing, I appreciate all the hard work and resilience from the society s leadership team, and look forward to working with you in 2023. Wish you a peaceful, healthy, and prosperous new year in 2023!
- In 2022, we are getting back to normal RS business and had one in-person AdCom meeting in Detroit, June 2022. We are planning to have two in-person AdCom meetings and a few ExCom meetings in 2023 to work on exciting initiatives and projects.
- The society is observing continued growth and success in publications. Our flagship journal of IEEE Transactions on Reliability is sustaining its success after Prof. Shiuhpyng Shieh took over the Editor-in-Chief responsibility in early June 2022. Our relatively new Open Access journal of IEEE Access RS section has also been financially strong since it was firstly launched in September 2019. All RS financially co-sponsored publications are all showing strong financial results in these challenging times.
- Reliability Society started as a co-sponsor for the IEEE Annual Software Technology Conference and owns 50% financially. We will continue to co-sponsor this conference in the coming years. We have also seen growth in many technically co-sponsored conferences.
- To sustain and strengthen RS membership, we have recognized our members with various awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, RS Engineer of the Year Award, Education Award, and Student Achievement Award in 2022. For the first time in many years, four RS members were elevated to the highest membership level as IEEE Fellows for 2023.
- In addition to keep a strong relationship with existing councils, Reliability Society became one of the sponsoring societies for the IEEE Transportation Electrification Community (TEC), which is transitioning to an IEEE council. We are also working on re-joining the IEEE Systems Council in 2023.
- Last but not least, Reliability Society has built up a solid financial base even in the past three years under the global pandemic challenge. I look forward to working with dedicated volunteers on all new initiatives by using our financial reserve.
From the Editor
Dear RS members, happy new year! In 2022, we have published 4 issues in the RS newsletter. We see more and more members actively share activities and news. This sharing strengthens our community, members, and society. The Newsletter is only as good as the inputs provided, so please continue helping bring our members an outstanding Newsletter in 2023. The due date for the next newsletter issue is:
- 2023 March issue, inputs due March 31, 2023
2022 Newsletter Editor-in-Chief
The content is this publication is protected
by all applicable copyright laws. Links to this website from commercial
websites is permitted and encouraged, however, content may not be copied
without use of proper citation.
(c) 2022 IEEE Reliability Society